|Debut||Donkey Kong (1981)|
Mario is the main character of the Mario series, who made his original debut in the arcade game Donkey Kong where he was tasked with saving his girlfriend Pauline from Donkey Kong. His first major appearance was in Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Entertainment System, in which he had to save Princess Peach from the evil clutches of Bowser.
Mario has been in a variety of games in the last 20 years, from traditional platforming games similar to Super Mario Bros., to several sports and party titles.
Mario is seen as Nintendo's mascot and as such appears a lot in the Subspace Emissary and has been in every Smash Bros game since the original on Nintendo 64.
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mario is seen as the most balanced character as well as the quintessential "easy to learn hard to master" type.
In Brawl+ Mario retains the same gameplay style as in Vanilla Brawl but was given combos to stay competitive with the rest of the cast.
- Neutral-Fireball: Mario throws his trademark which bounces off the ground a little then vanishes for quick easy damage.
- SMASH-Cape:Mario pulls out his cape and waves it in front of himself swiftly to reflect projectiles or turn his opponent around.
- Down-F.L.U.D.D.:Mario will pull out F.L.U.D.D. from Super Mario Sunshine and will start filling it up Mario can either wait for it to charge fully for future use, roll either way by going left or right or press Special to let out whatever he charged right away.
- Up-Super Jump Punch:Mario will do a Jump at a 45 degree angle and depending on how early in the jump his opponent is hit Mario can get up to 5 hits off his opponent.
Mario is completley defensless until he lands.
- Final Smash-Mario Finale:The screen zooms in on Mario "OH YEAH! EYAAAAAHHH!!!!" he screams as he makes a giant horizontal pillar of fire that can catch opponents and push them all the way to the edge of the screen for a KO.